Roman Catholic Church Weddings

Church Weddings in Lanzarote
Unfortunately the Roman Catholic Diocese responsible for the Las Palmas province of the Canary Islands has decided to stop providing wedding services for non residents as of May 2015. This decision affects the islands of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria in Spain.

Previous to this decision couples could travel to Lanzarote for a Roman Catholic church wedding. The service was legal and included an International Marriage Certificate, which is recognised worldwide. We sincerely hope that this decision is reversed in the future.

Roman Catholic Church weddings are available if:

- Either Bride or Groom is Roman Catholic

- Both you and your partner are non-divorcees

- Neither of you have been married in a Roman Catholic church previously, or if you have, that your previous marriage(s) have been annulled or you are widowed

The following documentation is required for a Catholic Church wedding abroad, we suggest you allow a minimum of 6 months notice to collate this paperwork:

- Civil Letter of Freedom or Certificate of NIL Impediment ( depends on country of residence )

- Pre-Nuptial Enquiry Form

- Pre-marriage Guidance Course Certificate

- Original Long Form Birth Certificates

- Baptismal & Confirmation Certificates

- If annulled you will need the Certificate of Annulment.

- If widowed, you will need your original marriage and death certificates.